Tabby entire tomcat found WF2

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Tabby entire tomcat found WF2

Post by Lilith »

A young tabby tomcat has started to visit my garden. He's a bold laid-back boy, affectionate, but not neutered and extremely thin (but this could be due to the fact that tomcats burn off a lot of energy, seeking females and doing what tomcats do.) In good condition otherwise; I wouldn't say he was much more than a year old. He's hungry but I've had cats with good homes dropping in over the years to cadge a meal; however, given his un-neutered state and thin-ness it could be that he's wandered off his beat and is in need of help.

If he continues to visit and when I get him into a routine and can be sure he'll be around to attend his appointment I'll get him to the vet for a microchip scan, and I'll make the usual enquiries at vets etc. Meanwhile, if anyone has lost a cat answering to this description, or recognises him, please post on here or pm me, preferably with a photo.

I live just off Lawefield Lane in Wakefield (between Westgate End and Thornes park.)

If no news and he needs a new home and my fierce Molly will allow, he will have one here :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Tabby entire tomcat found WF2

Post by Crewella »

Of course he will - I hope he knows what's good for him and hangs around! ;)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Tabby entire tomcat found WF2

Post by Lilith »

Thanks Crewella :) Sadly he's disappeared...I'm posting this of course in the hope of tempting providence and that he'll reappear.

There have been no ructions - my cats have smelled his sprays in the garden but no-one's seen or met him, and I've tried putting out biscuits, which have gone overnight, but that I think was a mistake; the fat little cat over the way could have eaten them (she's another one who seems to know how to get back over the mesh securing the garden) and I'm not turning my cats' garden into a neighbourhood cats' late night diner lol. Or it could have been a fox. We do have foxes in this inner city area, and bats too. Unless the one I saw last night had escaped from my belfry - wouldn't put it past it! :lol:

In any case, we all know what a cat is like when it's making a takeover bid. It's THERE. It lives in your garden and haunts you. Perhaps he does have a home locally (why on earth haven't they neutered him if so?) Or else, his belly full of Purina, he's wandered off in search of a bit of tasty crumpet as afters...a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

I live in hopes. My old lad Finn once disappeared for a whole winter before returning and moving in - so glad he did, spraying and all, happy days...