EMERGENCY: Foster or forever home needed for 2 FelV Siamese

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
catsrmylife
Frequent Cat Chatter

EMERGENCY: Foster or forever home needed for 2 FelV Siamese

Post by catsrmylife »

siam2.jpg
Calcetine
(97.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Orion and Calcetine are 2 Siamese type boys. They are both FelV+.

They have been rescued BUT the only place for them is an outdoor enclosure where there is no heating and it is getting mighty cold where they are. One of the kitties is losing weight, they both have colds for which they are receiving l-lysine and antibiotics.

On the contrary to popular belief, cats with FelV CAN live for many months, even years and have a good quality of life at that. I know because I have among my kitty tribe a cat called Jessica who was FelV+ from birth and is now 4 years old. I also have a Persian cat with FelV (of course they don't mix with my non-FelVs and I disinfect with a suitable and safe product inbetween 'time shares' so they all get the run of the house).

Orion and Calcetine could DIE in the cold. They really need to come inside and it looks as though all options have been exhausted in Spain :(

If anyone either in Europe or the UK can offer these boys a foster or forever home, we will raise the funds to get them to you.

If i could take any more cats, I'd have them in a heartbeat. My FelV's are very happy, look very healthy and you can't even tell they are carrying a ticking time bomb inside them. The 'positive' with FelV is that when they do go downhill, they go so fast that they don't get time to 'suffer'.

PLEASE open your minds and hearts and consider helping these 2 before they die :(

Thank you.

Susie
Attachments
siam.jpg
Orion
(129.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet