Maine Coon Kitten Has One Week to Get New Home

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
hardtohomepedigrees
New Cat Chatter

Maine Coon Kitten Has One Week to Get New Home

Post by hardtohomepedigrees »

Hello,

I am a veterinary volunteer for the newly re-formed Chapelhouse Rescue. We now only deal with problem pets, many of which need help and usually we can find homes directly from people we know, but last night a little fellow was brought to our attention who is out on his ear in a week or less if we can't get the ruffian a home.

This is a sixteen week old kitten, Maine coon with a very beautiful lineage and only just picked up from the breeder. The owners are inexperienced with cats but they say, and we believe them, that this kitten has aggressive tendencies. We have questioned whether it is just play because, after all, don't all kittens launch themselves at feet and hands, and heads? Mine always did and our senior partner often comes to work with war wounds from his kittens.

We're thinking along the lines that the kitten has played rough-and-tumble and then been reprimanded, clapped at and shouted at and that would indeed turn a cat aggressive especially if it is a nervous animal or, conversely, an over confident animal. In any case we are up against the clock; he isn't in our care, he's with his owners in Essex so the adopter has to travel there to collect. We are applying a nominal adoption fee of £75 to the adoption of Harvey because we do not believe 'free to good home'; ever does pets any good but, if someone takes him and he is too aggressive as is said, we will need to take him back (ourselves) and refund that fee.

We are seeking very feline-experienced adopters. maybe you have reared feral kittens for Cats Protection, RSPCA or similar? Maybe you just believe you can do this and won't give up at first hurdle? Maybe you have endless patience. maybe you just think it's bunkum and a 16 week old kitten deserves better. We want to hear from anyone who can genuinely, without ifs and buts, give a home to Harvey within one week from now. We can't answer lots of questions as time is running out by the minute (that's obvious, doh) and we don't know the pet so can only repeat what the owner says, but any applicants who look suitable can be sent all the info the owner has sent us. The problem is, if nobody takes him, he's going to have no possibilities at all.

Please visit Chapelhouse's website for the details and application form. www.chapelhouse-persians.co.uk

Thanks,

Em. MRCVS
OHWS
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Maine Coon Kitten Has One Week to Get New Home

Post by OHWS »

Last edited by OHWS on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Maine Coon Kitten Has One Week to Get New Home

Post by Marla »

I personally can't help because I have my hands full with 4 cats, but I will spread the word.

When you say he has a week, is that before he gets put to sleep?