Arthritic cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
mongoose
Returning Cat Chatter

Arthritic cat

Post by mongoose »

My 13 year old cat Poppy has started to suffer with possible arthritis, about a year ago she started to really bite and lick her paws to the point that she was making them so sore, there was no hair left and we have now been to the vets 3 times about it, they weren't sure if it was stress but she is a very happy cat. She is eating, sleeping, playing (when she can be bothered) lol. She is used to other cats as my neighbour has a few and they all have their moments but they are all the same age so know each other for years. The vet gave her an injection of steroids each time and it works for a while, it seems to occur in the spring and through the summer so wondering if it's a possible allergy? Does anyone else's cat suffer with arthritis and does anyone recommend anything to help. I have ordered some seraquin and yumove tablets in case it is arthritis, we have Feliway around the house too but I am wondering what to do next for her