Pink slightly swollen anus in male neutered cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Kat-Omerta
New Cat Chatter

Pink slightly swollen anus in male neutered cat

Post by Kat-Omerta »

Hi,

I have attached a photo (it's not too gory!) but just today Leeroy came inside and I noticed his anus was pink (not red) and slightly swollen, he usually pays a lot of attention to licking that area and is wormed regularly. I am going to take him to the vets tomorrow but just thought I'd ask your advice on what it might be? He doesn't seem to be in discomfort and is not scooting along the floor at all...

Thanks in advance for your help! :?

Kat
Attachments
Swollen anus
Swollen anus
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Pink slightly swollen anus in male neutered cat

Post by Kay »

I haven't paid a lot of attention to that end of my cats, but it looks pretty normal to me
Didi
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Pink slightly swollen anus in male neutered cat

Post by Didi »

Well as strange as this sounds - and there is a very good reason I promise- I have had a very clear view of Bilbo's rear end in the last couple of weeks !
The picture looks very similar to his but is defiantly slightly pinker but I don't know if that could just be down to individual cats

The reason I have had such a close view ? He had a blocked urethra and as he is long haired had to have the whole of his back end shaved when they were washing out his bladder so poor boy has had his bottom on display to everyone as he had to have his tail shaved as well so couldn't even hide it with that :D