Cat being sick

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Paddipower
New Cat Chatter

Cat being sick

Post by Paddipower »

Hi - my cat suffers from a urinary tract issue and was treated last Nov for an episode. He is currently on a special urinary diet (Royal Canin S/O) which he eats without any problem. I've noticed in the last week that he has been sick a number of times often shortly after he's eaten (I normally feed him a third at a time over an hour so he doesn't gobble). Each time there appeared to be a bit of grass in the vomit and seemed mostly to follow him being in the garden. I've therefore stopped him going out and the last couple of days there's been no episodes. I had to feed him all his breakfast in one go this morning due to going out early and when I got home there was some vomit. Has anyone else experienced this with their cat on a urinary diet only before he developed the urinary problem I fed him on mostly hard food and he regularly went out without any vomiting?
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat being sick

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome, I wonder whether it could be a furball? I think cats eat grass to get rid of undigestible stuff including fur. My neighbour had a cat who was being sick often though, and she had all tests done then fed him some coley and huge furball came up. I’d have a word with your vet they may have some ideas and be able to suggest something.