Has anyone ever had a kitten/cat with extremely low white blood cell count

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Maybruce
New Cat Chatter

Has anyone ever had a kitten/cat with extremely low white blood cell count

Post by Maybruce »

I recently got a kitten, a woman was trying to get rid of him so I'd rather have him than be abandoned, He has had blood tests and is fiv negative and leukaemia negative, I was just wondering if anyone else has had a poorly kitty like mine, he had v&d yesterday but hasn't eaten since yesterday, he's been lethargic since yesterday, they think it's a virus which is carried by fleas but because he has low white blood cells his immune system can't fight it, if anyone has had this what has been the outcome? I need to put my mind at rest as it's not looking good at the moment
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Has anyone ever had a kitten/cat with extremely low white blood cell count

Post by booktigger »

Hi

Sorry to hear your kitten is so poorly, a bit more information would be helpful.
Maybruce
New Cat Chatter

Post by Maybruce »

He hasn't eaten since yesterday morning, was extremely dehydrated and has been on fluids all day and antibiotics, his 3rd eyelid is swollen and he also has a sore throat, I. Having to give him hydrating powder at home mixed with warm water and I'm giving him that by syringe and I'm having to put food paste on his teeth to make him eat, he hasn't been the toilet all day but when I got him home he went to the toilet, after he got on my lap and started purring and that's the 1st time I've heard him purr since Sunday, he still has his cannula in as he is going back tomorrow on the fluids so has a massive bandage on his whole leg which I think he's not happy about. What else would you like to know
Maybruce
New Cat Chatter

Post by Maybruce »

Unfortunately my little kitty had to be put to sleep, he was just to cute for this world, I'm glad his last week was spent in a loving home
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

I'm so very sorry to hear this - yes, I too am glad you took him and that he had proper love and care, if only for a short time. Poor little lad.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry to hear this, RIP little one