Rescue/Street Cat Behavioural Issues

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
AmyCil
New Cat Chatter

Rescue/Street Cat Behavioural Issues

Post by AmyCil »

Hi Everyone,

I am in need of advice. I rescued an adult cat off the street about 6 months ago. It took her a really long time to trust me. I am the only person in my household that is allowed to touch her, rub her belly even but no picking up. She is super skittish, wont go outside and scratches the furniture. The major problem is that she hates my female cat so we have constant growling and hissing. Now she has started peeing on the beds. I want to find out what you guys recommend in terms of getting her to stop peeing on the bed? I've tried various sprays etc but so far nothing helps. And why would she just start peeing on the bed? Her litter box is always kept clean - sometimes the other cat uses it could that be a problem? Could it be stress or fear? Shes a very highly strung cat and i cant move too quickly and she scuttles off. Does anyone here have experience in adopting a feral cat and what advice can you give me? I desperately want to keep her but my house mates want me to rehome her so anything last things i can try to get her to settle in with us...