What should she weigh?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

What should she weigh?

Post by filardimarg-9 »

I know this isn't easy but Bella is quite a small cat, she is 3 years old, about 12/14 inches long, about 9/10 inches tall, can anyone tell me how much she should weigh please.......she does not like being picked up at the moment, so I can't weigh myself then with her as I don't want to scare her.

Marg.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: What should she weigh?

Post by MarySkater »

If she is short haired, it might be easier to judge by her shape if she is a healthy weight. You might find this chart useful.
http://www.royalcaninhealthyweight.co.u ... t56232.jpg

If she is long haired, it's harder to see, but if you can run your hands over her, you should be able to get an idea of what shape she is under the fur.
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

She is long furred, her ribs are not prominent but I can feel her spine, not very prominent but it can be felt. I have got to take her to the vet for her second vacs but that is not for another 2 weeks, I am not sure how much to feed her as she is a small cat, it wont be what it says on the bag of dry food.

Marg.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

For a small cat, you could call it 3 kg and you shouldn't be too far away.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

I agree with Mary - about 3kg. 40 to 45g of dry food per day should be enough for a moderately active 3 year old cat. Many dry food packets will have a feeding guide for various weights of cat.