Ear lump removal: Recovery time?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Phantom T Cat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Ear lump removal: Recovery time?

Post by Phantom T Cat »

Hello, back for some advice about the resident menace's cursed ears:
After years of itchy ears and gallons of Surolan, the vet decided that the lumps in Phantom's ears had to go. Said lumps were first spotted a while back by the same practice. So on Wednesday past Phants went under the knife (or laser, or freeze gun - my practise employs very vague vets) and had lumps removed from at least one ear (see above) and 3 teeth out for good measure. He came home with pain relief and no buster collar - vet decided it was unnecessary. Thursday, back to vets twice with bloody ear he had inevitably scratched: he escaped the first collar after 1 minute on the way home.
My question is how long should I keep the cone of shame on? Vet reckons 3 days, but I have lost most confidence in the practise and their conflicting and vague information. I defer to the wealth of experience and common sense I always find at this forum. Thanks :D
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Ear lump removal: Recovery time?

Post by booktigger »

3 days would be enough for it to knit together internally but I'd keep it on as long as you possibly can