a rescue cat has projectile vomiting

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bethy
New Cat Chatter

a rescue cat has projectile vomiting

Post by bethy »

The vet and owners are a bit baffled by Aya's health . She keeps vomiting and is weirdly bloated. They have tried _everything_. Blood tests, ultra sounds, Xray at the cat clinic , strict diets, currently on hills hypoallergenic food... She projectile vomits. And at all different times of the day. I woke up at 4 this morning from it. tested FIV negative. Is it FIP and how do we know?
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: a rescue cat has projectile vomiting

Post by Janey »

Does she seem stressed, is she on the same food as when you adopted her? Have you tried a different vet for second opinion?
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: a rescue cat has projectile vomiting

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Bethy sorry to read about Aya's vomiting. Re FIP pretty sure the vet would have picked this up. A couple of mths ago I had to take my 8mth old Bentley to the Cat Clinic - high temp, rapid breathing, unwell they thought subject to bloods possibly FIP it wasn't TG! Another symptom is extended stomach/bladder due to fluid. Antonio, Pallina's slave, posted me about FIP. Hopefully he'll see your post. And I agree with Janey perhaps a 2nd opinion. Keep us posted. Fusses to Aya... Vivian