Cat Pee Smell

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
lexieb
New Cat Chatter

Cat Pee Smell

Post by lexieb »

HI just wondering the ebst way to get rid of the cat pee smell.
My little cat has peed on the kitchen counter and we are looking into all the reasons why but getting rid of the smell is driving me crackers. I have tried bio washing liquid, vinegar and bicarb, surgical spirit and rug doctor enzyme cleaner but I can still smell it.

Any advice or suggestions?
exlibris
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Cat Pee Smell

Post by exlibris »

Nature's Miracle is expensive but worked amazingly, much better than other stuff I've tried......also, amusingly, the Tesco delivery driver complemented me on my lovely perfume, which I wasn't wearing - it was the Nature's Miracle he could smell, lol.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome :)

I've had best results with bicarb of soda, but if needs be will try Nature's Miracle as recommended by Ex libris - hadn't heard of this before ... I have a beautiful green rug in the cellar, still 'sweetening' and am afraid to replace it in case my naughty Molly thinks it's legal grass again ... or illegal grass, come to that, grrrrr :twisted:
Red wine lady
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Red wine lady »

I've had the same problem but on a bigger scale...being a cat owner is a difficul job!!

I've been using Simple Solution urine remover from Pets at Home, however I feel I can't recommend, as it does get rid of the smell (ish) l but replaces it by its own smell...which in turn is not very nice, if you know what I mean. I will have a look at Natures miracle. We don't want to mask the smell...we want it gone. In my case I want him to bloody stop peeing in the house!!!

If you do find a winner...please let me know xx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi I posted previously that when I bought Harper home she used to use my walkinrobe (carpet) & one of the vet nurses recommended Urine Off. I used to spray & cover with garbage bags. In the early hrs when I'd here her on the bags, out of bed, picked her up & put her in litter tray which was in the shower recess & closed the door. As soon as she's used it out she came. She was a stray kitten so perhaps there was a lack of education from mumma cat. Keep us posted. Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I have found something that works in covering the smell and dissuade the little darlings from peeing in the same place. BUT you will have to use it everywhere because 'they' (I think it's Purdy) just move on and do it somewhere else!
I made a spray with peppermint, orange, clove oils and a few drops of tea tree mixed with vodka (any clear alcohol) and water. It is in a spray bottle and needs a good shake before use. I used it on the cooker splash back (ironic?) It stopped her peeing there but she then attacked the toaster (eeww) So I now spray all the tiles and the countertop every week and leave to stand for a few minutes before wiping with a kitchen towel. Smells lovely to me - the cats hate it. :D

This of course only works on tiles and other non porous surfaces, though I do use it on the leather sofas sometimes.