British Shorthair Blue

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
su0906
New Cat Chatter

British Shorthair Blue

Post by su0906 »

I have a british blue male who is now 9 months and absolutely lovely - I adore him.

He is a funny cat though he does not like being picked up or sitting on laps. But will follow me from room to room and when I come in from work he will roll over on to his back. He also meows a lot when I am around. He also is obsessed with feet and will quite often curl round feet on the floor and sleep.

Does anyone know if this is typical behaviour of a British Shorthair.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: British Shorthair Blue

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

Honey, this is 'typical behaviour' for many cats. My wee geezer Armand, hated being picked up, never sat on a lap but would happily wedge his little black body between my thigh and the edge of the sofa, snooze away. He also followed me everywhere, if he heard my voice, he would pop out for copious strokes. When I went for a bath, he came bounding in, sat at shoulder height until I had finished, then go bounding off again. He would pop up from nowhere charging through the bathroom door, shouting at me when I went to the loo, I hadn't told him my plans you see and his place was on my feet. Latterly, he also slept on my legs and unusually, would get between me and hubby for a midnight chin scratch. Oh and he also rolled about the floor waving his delicate legs in the air...often. I delighted in his behaviour, really miss the chatty soul. Your cat sounds wonderful, obviously loves you, they don't roll around exposing their tums for just anyone, it's an honour. :) :)

Issi
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

and as for a foot fetish, I had a cat who would invariable curl up on top of any discarded shoes, however uncomfortable that was

I'm afraid it must be something to do with the whiff of eau de pied
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Lol Kay when I was married many of my male neuter cats used to go into ecstasies over my husband's used squash gear, rubbing their faces into sweaty armpits ... clean sweat though mind, but it was nothing to have to clear out the washbasket round an ecstatic cat or two ... lol I always found the man attractive myself ... :lol: (Sorry TMI!)

I've never lived with a British shorthair, Su, but he sounds adorable and quite a character :D
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Kay wrote:and as for a foot fetish, I had a cat who would invariable curl up on top of any discarded shoes, however uncomfortable that was

I'm afraid it must be something to do with the whiff of eau de pied
That's interesting, Lucy is obsessed with my shoes, not had one as bad as her for it - she's likes rubbing my feet just not as much as shoes and slippers!