Cat trick myste

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Shannon
New Cat Chatter

Cat trick myste

Post by Shannon »

Hi
I’ve had Snackboy the cat for 3 years, from a shelter in bad shape. I taught him to shake hands a while back but teaching him anything else had never crossed my mind. Three weeks ago, with no attempt, just being silly, I commanded him to sit, and my jaw dropped when he went down in 2 seconds with no treat. Has a perfect record.

I’m a Sensitive and so is he- seems logical to me that if he wasn’t already trained, there can be no conventional explanation. But some behavior expert on the phone said they’re were ‘lots’ of ways he could do it the first time! Really? Are there lots of ways genius Albert Einstein could know to sit if told in Japanese? I’m pretty smart and I’m just blank on that one. I almost feel like spending 300$ to ask her how. I feel really stupid. Obviously, Snackboy and that lady are a lot smarter than me.

If you have any thoughts, please help. When it first happened, I thought it was 100% proof of a psychic explanation but alas it’s not proof. I can’t prove he didn’t know the trick 3 years ago. A screwed up cat from a shelter.

But I want to know how unlikely it would be that he already knew it and could remember 3 years later with no treat! I have to know!

But I’ve had 5 experiences that are 100% proof- and at least 40 that were close. I don’t know why me! It’s nothing I’m doing. It’s the Goddess whoever or whatever She is- I don’t know. Nature will guide you for the asking. (And the follow through!) Cheers!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat trick myste

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome :)

I think they pick up on our thoughts. I have three cats, Emily, almost 17, Mouse, 16, and Molly, almost 7. Mousey is a lovely big black tux, a little dopey and very timid, but a few years ago I got into the routine of coaxing her up on my knee and saying (it started as a joke) 'sit down Mouse' - and she did! :o I also got her to know 'upstairs Mouse!' Molly is too damn intelligent for her own good, so it's not that surprising that she knows 'in in in' from the garden or 'upupup' the stairs ...

I'm sure cats know an awful lot more than we do - and all power to the Goddess :D