House & outdoor cats living together

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
MermaidJem
New Cat Chatter

House & outdoor cats living together

Post by MermaidJem »

Hi,
I hope someone can help. I have 2 cats, they're 1 next month. They have lived together since birth & we homed them together. One is desperate to be outside, the other is very timid & nervous.
The one cat has been outside once & this caused the frightened cat to become very scared, hissing & growling at the cat whenever she comes near her. After a few days of not being allowed out they make up again but the 1st cat is now very sad at being kept in.

How do you deal with 2 cats living together if one is an indoor cat? Any advice for a happy cat house is greatly appreciated.
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Re: House & outdoor cats living together

Post by Sniper1 »

Hi I have outdoor and indoor cats by their own choice and have encountered the same problem with one of the indoor ones she sometimes gets a bit hissy and growly if one of the others comes in smelling particularly strange but I just ignore it and once she realises they're not an intruder she gets over it and its a rare occurance now just give it time and try buying some dried catmint or grow fresh and rub it on your hands then ruffle it through both cats fur helps them smell the same and more attractive to each other and its harmless