Not perfect cats... but perfect for us :-)

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
HeatherCrazyCat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Not perfect cats... but perfect for us :-)

Post by HeatherCrazyCat »

My friend posted a link to this article today, which I read with more than a twinge of sadness!
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... p_Facebook

It made me think of my dear Angel, who I lost last month.
Angel was never violent or mean, but like Nigel she was an ex-stray, and she was far from the "perfect" cat. Yet I loved her and her funny ways, even though she would run away as soon as I tried to fuss her, and would squiggle and kick if I tried to pick her up.
The article made me think about how it is that these cats come into your life, choose you, and are all the more perfect for their "imperfections" :-)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Not perfect cats... but perfect for us :-)

Post by Lilith »

Awkward cats, bless 'em...I must like a challenge, even if they do drive me bananas at times :D

NO cat is ever 'mean' or 'spiteful' :evil:

Though I realise the journalist wrote it tongue in cheek for a snappy headline. I have a young female 'Nigel' - stroke the wrong ear and I've had it! :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:NO cat is ever 'mean' or 'spiteful' :evil:
You obviously never met our old neighbour's cat Suki. She was a white, fluffy (Persian) ball of malevolence, who would hide in the shrubbery, and lash out as you passed. She clawed her owner's husband and son, frequently, and I really think they (father and son) were delighted when the baggage 'shuffled off'. Their next cat was a tabby moggy they called Sparky. It was he who raised my interest in cats, he was a delight.

Willow is our 'crabby cat'. She has perfected a 'look' that chills you to the bone. She is also known as Medusa. :lol: She is our princess, cool, aloof (doesn't involve herself with the goings on of the others). She can be sweet and loving, then her eyes change, yikes! :shock:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

bobbys girl wrote: You obviously never met our old neighbour's cat Suki. She was a white, fluffy (Persian) ball of malevolence, who would hide in the shrubbery, and lash out as you passed. She clawed her owner's husband and son, frequently, and I really think they (father and son) were delighted when the baggage 'shuffled off'.
LOL!

Sounds like Suki got reincarnated as a small slinky ginger thing called Molly, having taken tutorials from the Attilas and Genghiss (pun intended) Khans of the cat astral regions on the way!

But when Moll stops being horrible and turns on the charm, and snuggles up wanting cuddles, it's all worth it...perhaps it's like the saying about banging your head against a brick wall; it's so lovely when you stop... :D