Battery operated kitty litters

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Suranyi
New Cat Chatter

Battery operated kitty litters

Post by Suranyi »

:?
My husband and I will be bringing home a couple of kittens in the next fortnight from a cat shelter. I don't want to use a normal litter tray but prefer an automated one. I can't seem to be able to track down an information on whether there are any battery operated ones, can someone please assist?

Or can someone recommend ones?
Thank you
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Battery operated kitty litters

Post by MarkB »

I don't have any experience with automated ones, but remember reading that they sound fine in theory, but in reality, they can't deal with sloppy poos and just make a mess.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Battery operated kitty litters

Post by meriad »

The automated litter trays I've seen run off electricity not battery. Also the entrance to them will be far to high for most kittens; they'll need to start off with a smaller tray.

Personally, as a cat owner, I prefer to clean out the litter tray by hand because that's usually the quickest way to determine if your cat may be ill - their toileting habits tend to change

Invest in a good clumping cat litter then cleaning a litter tray is quick and easy to do. Scoop out lumps on a daily basis and once a month give a good all round clean. Just make sure the level of litter is deep enough for the clumping to work as it should