Purina Pro-Plan 1/2 price at The Range

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Purina Pro-Plan 1/2 price at The Range

Post by MarkB »

The 3kg bags are £9.99 - I can't remember the price of the smaller bags.

They have Junior, adult and senior.

I think it is pretty similar to Purina One, but with a higher meat content and some other extras.
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Purina Pro-Plan 1/2 price at The Range

Post by Alice »

That's a very good price, so I phoned my nearest branch, a very large one, a few miles away to ask if they had it in stock. The person I spoke to didn't know, but said they'd increased the range of Purina products, so I went to see what they had - only to find the only Purina cat food they had was lots of Go Cat! :( :( An assistant said they'd not had the ProPlan there, so I'd suggest anyone hoping to take advantage of the offer tries to check availability before travelling any distance.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

That's a bummer :oops:

You would think all the branches stocked the same item?
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Alice »

As they've a big pet care section at the branch I went to I was hopeful, and thought, like you Mark, that all stores would stock the same selection, but obviously not.

I was similarly puzzled that when you were unable to get the premium pouches in jelly at Lidl, some time ago, I'd no such problem in either of my local branches - always in stock.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

A while ago I managed to get lots of boxes, just around the time Kylie decided that she didn't like after all.

The Range is quite a shambles. I have been in there twice recently and they have had to put calls out to 'Pet department staff'. both times unanswered - which isn't surprising as there is never anyone around to ask a question. Also they wait until the queue is a mile long before deciding to open a 2nd till. Meanwhile, the staff are chatting away in 3s & 4s elsewhere.