'tis the season of the year!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

'tis the season of the year!

Post by alanc »

I got a glimpse of a brown smudge on Tilly's rear as she came in and thought "Oh no, she's got diarrhea" and set of after her with paper towels and a sponge. It was just a large brown leaf stuck on her backside!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: 'tis the season of the year!

Post by bobbys girl »

:lol: Could have been worse! I did the same once, thinking that it WAS a leaf, only to find it was a SLUG! :shock: Ergh yuk blerch, nasty.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Slugs, yuk! I've had to comb too many of them out of Tilly's fur this summer!
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Same here Alan, the joys of having long haired cats and a garden.

As for the leaves; I swear that most days I have more garden stuff inside the house than outside. It's a losing battle, it really is
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Yep. There's a shrub with tiny leaves which overhangs my garden. And Ria always comes in with another leaf on her tail. But I'm not houseproud - they can lie around until my once-weekly hoovering... :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Slugs ...I actually quite like slugs, unless they murder my plants and then it's WAR.

But a few years ago, when my old lad Finn had started to be faecally incontinent, the slugs used to give me a nasty turn.

There are some monster ones out the back and to go out, barefoot, on a moist summer's night and feel my foot descending on a cigar-shaped object, squish, fearing the worst as I hobbled back in for the kitchen roll, only to find that it wasn't an offering of Finny's that I'd trodden on, but a slug ...ugh! Delightful! Not!

Didn't do the poor old slug much good either :(
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Slugs - bah!! :x

Every summer I get slugs in the outdoor pen, especially round the food bowl. This year I removed at least three a night from Buzz's bowls, including the ones I found doing a leisurely backstroke in his water bowl, which I started to call the 'slug spa' - huge great big things which I took to the middle of the lawn hoping something would eat them. Bleuch!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Slugs ...I actually quite like slugs, unless they murder my plants and then it's WAR.
I lost that war long ago! Slugs in my garden rival those in Crewella's. Local frog does his best, but there are just too many of the things.
catslave16
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by catslave16 »

I found a little nugget of poo in Rufus's long bottom fur today which grossed me out just a tiny bit, but I'd have been really grossed out by a slug :shock: There should be an emoji for 'being on the point of barfing'!