Camouflage

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Camouflage

Post by bobbys girl »

Here we have Gracie (aka fat cat, big bum or beam-end Bertha) 'hiding' in a box, while Purdy attempts to blend in with the rug. :D
rsz_1031(1).jpg
rsz_1rsz_033.jpg
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Camouflage

Post by Kay »

and here is my Tiffany, who all of Gracie's nicknames would suit to a T, on the lunch menu along with chicken in a basket
Attachments
cats009.jpg
cats009.jpg (4.13 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
ThorpeDave
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by ThorpeDave »

Why do cats like getting into tiny boxes?

come to think of it, why does my wife keep buying size 10 jeans when it should be at least a 12 :roll:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

ThorpeDave wrote:Why do cats like getting into tiny boxes?

come to think of it, why does my wife keep buying size 10 jeans when it should be at least a 12 :roll:
Now then, behave! :lol:
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Bridie in leaves.jpg
Rocky and his late pal Bridie in winter, when I first had the cat pen made. (It's greener and better furnished now.) Tuxedo Rockie shows up clearly, but "gaudy" Bridie fades rather well into dead leaves.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

She certainly does! Purdy also blends in with the stone on our drive and autumn leaves in the wood.

BTW Kay - I love the chicken in a basket! :lol:

I'd post a pic of Bob on the kitchen window cill at night, but all you would see would be two luminous (and quite scary) eyes. The times he has made me jump out of my skin as he yawns and there is suddenly a flash of white fangs at eye level. :shock:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I remember the other autumn, going out the front door and hearing a cat meowing at me, i knew it was Tiggy, I could recognise the meow, but could I see her. I know my eyesight is bad, but if i can hear something I can normally home in on it. In the end I spotted her, bedded down in the long grass at the edge of the lawn. Her brown and black stripes matched perfectly with the colour and shadows of the grass. I used to have a similar problem with our dark Tortoiseshell cat Patch, she would disappear in the garden It made me realise why Tabbies and Torties are almost the natural colouring for cats.

A friend does have a chocolate point Ragdoll, and you wouldn't think a whitish cat could camouflage itself, but she can do a good impression of a rock at the end of his garden.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Lol - great pics! :lol:

I can only add my one anecdote about Tess (Mouse's mother and dark tortie tux) Emily (ginger tux) and Mouse (black tux) sleeping in a heap on the bed and on a dark night invisible until three white paws would shoot out in greeting ... Spooky! :o

Snakes are the masters of cramming themselves into tiny places. One night Shahi came out for duvet walkies. Royal pythons are a snake with a dainty head and neck on top of a long fat body. Did this prevent him from tucking his 5' length into a paper hankie box? It did not. Despite the fact that the box still mostly full of hankies.

And the time I left him 'sleeping' on the bed while I cleaned him out (silly me) and he did a runner. Sweating with fear I began to check every article and drawer in the room and strip it down (as we're told to do in the case of an escaped snake) which is a heck of a task when you live in clutter like I do. Coming back into the bedroom I saw a Nose poking out from behind the radiator ... blimey! His body's as thick as my forearm ... 5' of it!

And you can't tempt a python out with a handful of dreamies ...

However do they do it?