Thoughts upon the cat carrier ...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Thoughts upon the cat carrier ...

Post by Ruth B »

I do remember one time when the company I work for ordered a new computer monitor from Amazon. When it arrived it wasn't a 24" monitor it was a 12" Jazz LP. The person who had ordered it notified Amazon, arranged to return the LP and have a monitor sent out. No problem returning it, but when the next package arrived, not a monitor, but another copy of the same LP.

Someone had stuck the wrong stickers on the LPs so every time a specific monitor was ordered the LP was sent out instead. A beautiful example of when a little human intervention could have saved everyone a lot of trouble, it was fairly obvious when you looked at the package that it wasn't a 24" monitor, but robots and computers don't actually look at the item just the label.

Hopefully your order is all sorted and the refund comes through quickly.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hey Ruth, that's crazy! :o

Just needs one numpty in the works ... I have a promise of a refund in writing (well, in email) so that's that. As for the book, it seems it was a duplicate message from the original supplier, who's been very helpful so that's that too. I hope ...

I've also deleted everything in my 'save for later' basket (including the villainous basket carrier) just in case any of those get wafted through the ether for delivery.

The joys of shopping (not!) :twisted: :lol:
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I'm glad it's (almost) sorted

I must confess that I can forgive Amazon a lot because they abandoned sticky tape for a paper based sealing strip which can be recycled along with the cardboard box, which no other retailer I deal with has done yet