Kinda Cat related but mostly a Rant. Sorry in advance

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
pagemichael
New Cat Chatter

Kinda Cat related but mostly a Rant. Sorry in advance

Post by pagemichael »

Hi have you ever thought you had such a great idea that it would work? I designed a tshirt that is really cool got lots and lots of likes. Lots of comments and about 5 sales. Spent alot on ads yet you would think with all the comments and people saying they would buy. I am just very very frustrated it's all so I got on google found this forum and here I am. I want an honest opinion would any of you actually wear this tshirt or should I just designed something else.

Teespring is the company that is handling my shirts.

Just honest feedback don't be mean just would like to know would you actually wear it?
Attachments
30728835_970880426395573_5898193770582638592_n.jpg
Last edited by pagemichael on Mon May 14, 2018 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Kinda Cat related but mostly a Rant. Sorry in advance

Post by Ruth B »

About 18 months ago i was made redundant, family matters meant that I would need a lot of odd days off work in the coming months, so I didn't think it fair to find a new job straight away, I could manage on my notice and redundancy money as well as my husbands income for a while.

I then got bored and ended up picking up an old hobby of leather working to fill in the time, one thing lead to another and I am now registered as self employed and trying to sell things on line and at craft fairs. It is hard work and you do have to put a fair amount of time and money into it to get things started. I actually find craft fairs the better option as people actually get to see the items up close and can feel the quality, and you always keep the hope that some of the business cards that get picked up at shows will lead to online sales later on.

As far as advertising goes, I find it is better to help advertise a show that i will be at than advertise certain products. Everyone else is also advertising it, so you get more people through the door and the higher the footfall the more likely someone will buy from you. Selling to friends and family is good, but having strangers like your items and actually buy them is quite a big thing to start with, and if you have already managed this then take it as a sign that the design is good.

As for the T Shirt itself I like it, it would depend a bit on what the quality of the material was like, the cost of it and the shipping cost if it was sold on line, and just because I like it now doesn't mean I would actually buy it now as i have plenty of T Shirts, on line I would feel I could always come back later and get one, seeing it at a show, when you have money in your pocket you have put aside to spend at the show is a different matter.

In the end it depends on whether you are just doing it to fill in time, have a bit of fun, and maybe make a few pounds on the side or whether you really want to try and make and sell T Shirts.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I agree with Ruth. You might try sharing a stall with someone (and sharing the costs). Also try and come up with other designs. As a designer myself, I have had some experience of 'freelance' it's not easy, you have to persevere. Good luck!

Oh BTW, I have seen that look on my cats faces, usually when you have interrupted something they shouldn't be does ng! :lol:

When you start making some money, you could give a percentage to a cat charity - just a thought. :D
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I must admit I would worry about buying a white tshirt with a black motif, as I would be suspecting the black would leach in the wash
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

This was posted to my FB...a few days ago. Love it & often feel like this when I’m in shopping centres with people walking roundlooking at their phones & don’t get out of your way with a trolley & if they run into you it’s a look I give :lol: Vivian
pagemichael
New Cat Chatter

Post by pagemichael »

Hi thanks all for the advise. Thanks Ruth for the advise it was very much appreciated. I understand where you are coming from. Teespring is a great company though so I know the material is great. Actually it was complete strangers that bought the shirt so yeah I am heading in the right direction. I just get frustrated is all at times. Happy Mother's Day to all.