Tilly donates blood again

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Tilly donates blood again

Post by alanc »

Got an unexpected call from the vets yesterday lunch time, which resulted in Tilly for the second time in her life coming for dinner and getting whisked off to the vets to give blood instead! She is home again now, with her neck shaved and a bandage on her leg and not best pleased with me, will take a few tins of Tune to cheer her up. Seems like the other cat is doing well though, so she ought to be pleased with herself.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Tilly donates blood again

Post by Mollycat »

Wow, well done Tilly! I have seen the appeals and although my Boo would have been willing and able when he was well, sadly I couldn't ask Molly to do this. Good on you and I'm sure the recipient's owners must be so grateful.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

That is wonderful, I've never heard of cats giving blood before though it makes sense and I hope the other cat thrives on Tilly's blood.

As for my three, Tiggy is old and a bit doddery at times so I wouldn't ask it of her now, in her youth it wouldn't have been a problem. Saturn could do it quite easily but I don't know if he should, the problem with his teeth might mean he is a carrier for some virus, I would have to check with the vets about it. Freyja I couldn't ask to do it, even going for her annual boosters is a lot of stress for her (and me to be honest). For me the daft thing is the biggest problem would be transport, if it could be done in an evening and stored then fine, but i can't drive so it would have to be a taxi both ways to get any to the vets during the day.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

We have a fairly progressive vet practice here. Tilly's blood group has been on the their books since she gave blood to try and help Badger 5 years ago. From the trouble trying to find a match then, I believe her group is fairly rare. Successful outcome does make it all worthwhile. As usual, Tilly behaved herself impeccably at the vets!
Tilly hasn't been out today, but that is nothing to do with her adventure, she just does not like high winds!