Feral Cat Rescue

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
The Jellicle Cat
New Cat Chatter

Feral Cat Rescue

Post by The Jellicle Cat »

I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice regarding feral cats that need helping. My daughter lives in Tooting, London and has been troubled by some very rough looking cats since she moved in last year. Originally she believed they belonged to a neighbour but that person has since moved on and these cats are still around the area. She has contacted the RSPCA several times only to be told that she must 'catch' them and bring them in!! This is impossible since they are semi wild and very untrusting, as well as not having the skills required to take on a frightened feral cat with claws and teeth! Yesterday, an injured cat actually came into the house and curled up on the sofa but when one of her housemates tried to shut it in as per RSPCA advice because they couldn't do anything until 'maybe Monday or Tuesday', it went mental and he felt he had no option but to open the door. If you can't call on the RSPCA for help, then who else is there that has experience of dealing with feral cats and the desire to help them? Would be grateful for any advice and help as this is very distressing for all concerned :(