Found SHEPPEY, KENT - ! PLEASE HELP !

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Mechanoid
Returning Cat Chatter

Found SHEPPEY, KENT - ! PLEASE HELP !

Post by Mechanoid »

Hello everyone - I have found a very young cat looking after a tiny kitten, they are stray and living in a walled hedge area at the front of an industrial estate. I am feeding them but I cannot home them, due to the nature of my work, etc. They are in Queenborough in Sheppey, Kent. If anyone can help please let me know asap, the local cat rescue center is full, and it's breaking my heart seeing them there, they are so young (especially the little one) - please help! (image attached)

Rob

https://s11.postimg.org/4nn8ezrab/14917 ... 6789_o.jpg
https://s13.postimg.org/y481d3813/14853 ... 2031_o.jpg
Last edited by Mechanoid on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Found - PLEASE HELP

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Rob,

First of all, thanks for caring about this mum and baby. Are you sure that she is a stray? My Willow's mum belonged to a friend of mine, but she saw her so seldom (cat's choice) she didn't even know the cat was pregnant! That's no excuse, I know, they should take more care of her, but it is something to consider.

If I lived closer, I'd be there like a shot. Hopefully there will be someone along very soon who can advise you.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Hi Rob, it may be helpful to add the area to the title of your post. Just click the pen icon top right of your message, and you can edit the message and submit it again.

If it were me I would ring round all the rescues in your area, you will find a list of rescues if you click on your area on the link below:

http://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-re ... uk-ireland

Best of luck!
Mechanoid
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mechanoid »

bobbys girl wrote:Hi Rob,

First of all, thanks for caring about this mum and baby. Are you sure that she is a stray? My Willow's mum belonged to a friend of mine, but she saw her so seldom (cat's choice) she didn't even know the cat was pregnant! That's no excuse, I know, they should take more care of her, but it is something to consider.

If I lived closer, I'd be there like a shot. Hopefully there will be someone along very soon who can advise you.
Hello, I'm sure they are stray, it looks like they have been there a while, lots of wrappers etc around them....I thought maybe they were siblings rather than mum/child, but I don't know for sure.....the older cat will always let the kitten have her fill before she eats....I'll keep working on getting them help!
Mechanoid
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mechanoid »

Janey wrote:Hi Rob, it may be helpful to add the area to the title of your post. Just click the pen icon top right of your message, and you can edit the message and submit it again.

If it were me I would ring round all the rescues in your area, you will find a list of rescues if you click on your area on the link below:

http://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-re ... uk-ireland

Best of luck!
Hello Janey, thanks for your advice. I'll get some posters up around the area just in case, and contact the rescue centres, thanks again!
Mechanoid
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Found SHEPPEY, KENT - ! PLEASE HELP !

Post by Mechanoid »

!!! UPDATE !!! - an amazing woman has contacted me and is ready to trap and home, with necessary neutering etc.....we're not there yet but I'll keep you posted! :D
drayton
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by drayton »

Rob

If for some reason it doesn't work out Rain at Biggin Hill have space. The web site is rain.org.uk, and if you are stuck for transport I will help.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Mechanoid wrote:!!! UPDATE !!! - an amazing woman has contacted me and is ready to trap and home, with necessary neutering etc.....we’re not there yet but I'll keep you posted! :D
Great news, and yep do let us know how things go!
Mechanoid
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mechanoid »

drayton wrote:Rob

If for some reason it doesn't work out Rain at Biggin Hill have space. The web site is rain.org.uk, and if you are stuck for transport I will help.
That's amazing thank you Drayton. I will let you know how it goes, we're attempting the trap tonight.
drayton
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by drayton »

Please contact Rain first, I don't work for them & am not associated to them. I re homed a couple of cats from them & they helped re home a stray I took in. They are really good people & don't have many cats up for re homing at present so have space.

Good luck.
Mechanoid
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mechanoid »

Hello all - wow, what a week! So on Thursday night, the volounteers came with the traps; mum turned up without kitten, and they saw that she was pregnant again already! After a couple of hours my friend managed to lure out mum and she was trapped. Another trap was then set next to mum, but the kitten was no-where to be seen. After a couple of hours, the decision was made to leave with mum.....my friend went out the next morning, an there was the kitten, crying away. She fed her, tried to lure her out, but she wouldn't budge. Friday night me & my friend and 2 other ladies who had taken the mum spent 2 hours in the freezing rain under cars, in hedges, all trying to get a hold of kitten. She wouldn't come. Today I went out around lunchtime, and could hear the kitten crying. We put food down, and she came close but not close enough. We then built a little shelter, and put some food down. We came back an hour later and the food tray had gone? I could hear her crying, so jumped over a wall to try and find her, and saw the 2 volunteers who had caught the mum sitting in their car with a trap set!! I backed off, and a few hours later got the call to say they had trapped the kitten! Mum has been to the vet and is pregnant, so is being held at a safe house for a few days. Kitten is now in the "kitten room" with the volunteers, apparently she's a fiesty one!!! Finally they are both out of the hedge and warm, thanks to alot of effort by everyone involved, and I can sleep easily at last!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww great news and good on you for raising the alarm about these two and for all your hard work. Pregnant already ...thank heavens she's been caught in time...so good to hear :)
Mechanoid
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mechanoid »

Here's a picture of my little heartbreaker all warm at last!! :D :D :D

https://s21.postimg.org/5v6jpfisl/Poppet.jpg
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

That's great news - well done all round! :D
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Mechanoid wrote:Here's a picture of my little heartbreaker all warm at last!! :D :D :D

https://s21.postimg.org/5v6jpfisl/Poppet.jpg
Aww! So glad, and before the really cold weather starts too.

Good on you again - and congrats and to everyone concerned too, really heartwarming :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Mechanoid congrats & your hard work & compassion paid off. So glad mama & Bub are safe & warm - albeit it's going to be 36 degrees here today!! Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Ooh, such a cutie! Well done to you and all concerned.