So much love to give......

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Mitramonday
New Cat Chatter

So much love to give......

Post by Mitramonday »

Hello all -
So, I moved into my new home in November of last year, knowing that - once settled - I wanted to adopt a fur baby again. For the last four years I was in accommodation where I couldn't have my own cat and, prior to that, I lost my beloved Avalo to kidney disease (at only 3 years old :( :cry: ). I am now settled and desperately ready (?!). I have two queries:
The first is the siting of my house. I am on a busy road - BUT I am also mid-terrace of a long row of terraced houses (think miners' houses, in The Valleys of Wales!). There is no access to the road and, in fact, to the rear is 'cat Nirvana' - a garden, which backs onto allotments, which back onto woodland...you get the picture? There are LOTS of cats around enjoying this scenario, BUT will every rescue centre bar me because of the road????
Secondly, my neighbour already has five cats (!) - one of whom, she has already informed me, is very territorial and used to fight with the previous owners (of my house) cats. I really don't want to subject any new fur baby of mine to that sort of behaviour (or to pay the resulting vet bills), but there is no way that I can 'pet proof' my garden.
So, in a nutshell - a) will I be barred from rescuing a cat because of the road? and b) is it fair to keep a cat indoors to protect it from the neighbourhood aggressor?
TIA for your thoughts....