Lost pregnant cat found.

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
SaulWeeden
New Cat Chatter

Lost pregnant cat found.

Post by SaulWeeden »

Hi All,

Really hope someone can help in this scenario, this weekend a young pregnant tabby came through into our house via the back door and has nested under our bed. She is extremely friendly and snuggly and we would be more than happy to look after her. The issue is we aren't sure if this is someone's lost pet or if she was abandoned and to top it all off, we are leaving the country on Tuesday night.

We live in the Neasden area and have tried calling every shelter around us and even the RSPCA but they are either full up or just suggest leaving her outside. My wife and I really don't want to resort to that as we recently lost our cat to a car accident and really want this stray to do well but lack the means to do so ourselves.

If anyone has any information or can help is in any way it would be most appreciated.

Cheers guys,
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Lost pregnant cat found.

Post by Mollycat »

Aw sweetie!

All I can suggest would be to take her to the nearest vet to scan for a chip, and hopefully they would be able to keep her until her owner is traced or have her fostered until the kittens are old enough to be homed.

I'm quite horrified that a cat rescue would actually suggest dumping a pregnant cat to fend for herself though if she is well cared for she more than likely does have a home, but then again she doesn't seem to want to give birth there!

Best of luck I hope you manage to place her. Only wish I could take her for you!

Ed: just a thought but if she really is homeless, it would be very cheeky but you never know, maybe there is someone in the Rainbow Bridge section who has lost a cat who might be able to foster?
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Lost pregnant cat found.

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

Thank you for caring about this cat.

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found advice page, the information there might help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... ound#found

You might also wish to check out the latest Lost Cat reports (from PetsReunited.com) here: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/lost-found-cats

Hope that helps.