Large black & White, W Wales, Rhydowen (SA44 4QD)

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Batfink
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 5

Large black & White, W Wales, Rhydowen (SA44 4QD)

Post by Batfink »

I say this cat is found but he might not be lost exactly. I assumed he was a farm cat as we are a rural area but just in case I wanted to post about him/her (assume him due to size) in case he is missed.

He/she is seen periodically in the area and my cats usually alert me by telling him off quite vocally. He's been seen eating melon that the neighbours out out for the birds. Probably the most worrying thing is that I believe he is missing a paw. I've not been able to get close enough to get a good look but he limps terribly. Difficult to tell what condition he is in but suspect poor due to him feeling the needing to eat melon and my neighbours (now moved) said he didn't look well from what they saw of him.

If I could get anywhere near him I would obviously take him to the vets but he is very scared and I can't get coven close. I also don't have the money for his treatment so contacted the cats protection but despite speaking to someone and explaining the situation they didn't phone back. In the mean time I hadn't seen him for a while so didn't persue them. However, I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he was running with an awful limp. I have borrowed a cat trap from a friend but haven't deployed it yet as I've not been around enough to keep checking it. I'm also not sure where to put it as I suspect I will catch the other local non feral cats. I will post in the appropriate forum asking for advice shortly.