Black & White cat found in Whitstable

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Black & White cat found in Whitstable

Post by MarkB »

This cat has been hanging around my garden for the last few weeks. Just lately it is there from late afternoon and still outside when I go to bed. It is huge (7kg+) very friendly and not aggressive with other cats.

I borrowed a scanner from my vet. It isn't chipped. I put a paper collar on yesterday but it is still wearing it and I haven't received any calls. Reported to Cats Protection and registered with Animal Search. Poster in progress (Thanks Ria)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn22 ... 40e496.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Black & White cat found in Whitstable

Post by MarkB »

After trying everything, no owner was found. This boy was neutered on Wednesday and is on CP's waiting list - however, if we can win our Kylie cat round, he is staying with us :)

Laz is fine with him :)
Attachments
lazdom.jpg
lazdom.jpg (17.11 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Awww, Mark, Dom's definitely your boy now!

If Laz is happy, Kylie will sort herself out in time - it will be fine. My (boss-cat) Sophie doesn't like Mr Socks at all, but she tolerates him fine now - he's been inside with us since May. She still beats up on him every now and then, just to keep him properly respectful of her position as head honcho.

So glad your boy has come in from the cold. My Mr Socks is a big fat woolly lump these days but you can just feel how happy he is to have a home. I couldn't turn him away ;)
honeychild
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by honeychild »

They know the right places to 'home'in on...You know he will stay dont you xx. Ive a stunning white an black cat devouring bowl fulls of food every night, reckon it will take me around 6 months to get this lad as far as the patio doors..
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

He is definitely here to stay. We are trying to sort out tortie girl outside. She is a good example of an intelligent cat as she seems to understand that another cat appeared at gets to come in while she is still outside :( - There is a poster up in the vets. I found out the owner moved and new people have been there 12 days. One of the vet staff conformed that 2 torties were registered at that address, but were last taken in some time in 2007!!! - Yesterday when I was there with Domino (problem with post-neuter healing + vacs) the receptionist said the owner came in to give their new address. From what I can make out, they have taken one of the torties, but not the other.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

was she missing when they actually left, I wonder? is the vet going to let them know she's at your house, or give you the address so you can - they may still want her, I suppose, although their level of care leaves a lot to be desired
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

That's rotten - why take one and not the other? Kay might be right, I guess ..... she might have been 'missing'.

Hope Dom's OK? xx
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Thats how i came to have one of my stray cats Mark, 'Peter no tail' started appearing firstly in my garden at a distance but gradually came closer, and one day when i put food down for him and he sat on my knee, i had never seen him around before but he was distinctive, as he was an old boy without a tail...,he moved in, but had no chip , had to take him to the vets as he had been bitten and it had become infected, he was so good as they had to lance it and put a drain in, he came home for cage rest, when i mentioned to the vets where i lived and did they know who he could be...they said an old lady( who lived very close) who now had dementia, had 3 cats , and believed she had gone with the cats to live miles away with her son and family.They took only 2 and left old Tom to fend for himself, he must have been at least 17,....grrrrr, anyhow he spent his twilight here with the mad cat lady :0) and was the most loving cat you could wish for......

:P fast foward 2 years....and yes you guessed it 2 more strays, not chipped, unknown , no one knows where they came from either, perhaps it because they know they get real roast chicken here !!!!
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by AhmedUK »

nannymcfee wrote:they said an old lady( who lived very close) who now had dementia, had 3 cats , and believed she had gone with the cats to live miles away with her son and family.They took only 2 and left old Tom to fend for himself, he must have been at least 17
Poor old lady, she was probably not fully in control of her mind to make the decision and so someone probably made the decision for her to leave one cat behind, I am sure she would never have done that.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

There is no way the owner couldn't find her. When I went round to see him a couple of months ago, I told him where I live and that I could easily pick his cat up and put her in a carrier - all he had to do was call round.

She is up in the attic bedroom now as it is quite windy. Hopefully CP will be able to take her soon. She really is an affectionate 'people cat' and I haven't had the time to spend with her - especially with Laz being ill.