Found stray cat - Pudsey, Leeds

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
ro_binson
New Cat Chatter

Found stray cat - Pudsey, Leeds

Post by ro_binson »

Hi all

We have a stray cat in need of a loving home! Unfortunately we are in tenanted housing so cannot take it in, but otherwise would love to as it is a really friendly cat. Can you help?

The cat is a male, neutered tabby, 4-6yrs old, found in Pudsey, LS28 8QB. It has been in the area for at least 2 weeks, and myself and a neighbour have given it some food as it is very very thin. I took him to the Vets4Pets in Pudsey and they confirmed that he has no chip (obviously no collar either, and no local posters up around the area that I have seen).

I have asked up the street and checked for lost/found poster in the local vets (Vets4Pets). The vet didn’t think there was anything wrong with him other than him being very thin and having fleas (which she gave some treatment for).

Lovely cat…any suggestions? I have also contacted Leeds Cat Rescue and the Cat Action Trust.

Many thanks

James
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Found stray cat - Pudsey, Leeds

Post by Lilith »

Hi James, this is a 3 cat household (2 older girls 12 and 13 and a younger girl of 3) and room for a stray or cat in distress - preferably a young adult male, so...if the cat shelters don't respond, I'm in Wakefield centre, solvent, vet (Calder Group) just round the corner. It's a very small and quiet household (just me, cats, 15 snakes but none big enough to eat a cat) and I'm here 24/7. It isn't a good area for cats - too many un-neutered and messing everywhere and some hostile neighbours, so the yard's secured - and super secured after my youngest arrived and tried the fencing to its limits - if it will confine her it will confine any cat I reckon. I only let them out under supervision though; there is always a door open for them. In bad weather they stay in but maybe a stray wouldn't object to home comforts.

The reason we have 'room for a stray' is that we did have a fourth, an older tom, a rescued feral like my older girls, who also came to me off the streets, he left us 18 months ago through old age, still missed, so the girls are all accustomed to living in a communal household and I think my youngest might like a younger guy to play with.

My only problem is transport - if you could bring him over here I would pay for your petrol and also the vet fees if he's to become my cat. I've had a lifetime of cats and am prepared for the settling in, cat group dynamics etc.

I'll post my email address up on my profile under occupation. :)

Edit - update Thursday - I don't like leaving personal details for too long even on my profile, so I'll be taking my email address off, but if you're still looking for a home for him, post on this thread and I'll put my address back up so that we can get in touch.
Last edited by Lilith on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Oooooh, I really hope this works out. Well done for looking after this boy. :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi James, how's this little guy going on?

At least the weather's a bit warmer (sort of) and if he's got some food in his belly he'll be coping better with life on the streets. Is he still coming to you or have you had a response from the rescue societies - hope the outcome's been good :)