FOUND white grey cat Forest Hill, South East London

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
wildstyle
New Cat Chatter

FOUND white grey cat Forest Hill, South East London

Post by wildstyle »

Hi we have a stray female cat living in my neighbour's garden. She is white with patches of tabby. She is sociable and often meows to be stroked and fed and wants to come in my house all the time. She doesn't have a collar.
I have taken her to the vet and she is microchipped, but it is an Italian microchip so they can't trace the owner. The vet thinks that maybe she is old and a bit senile and has forgotten where she lives.
Unfortunately I am allergic to cats so can't home her, so she is sleeping outside.

The neighbours think she has been around for quite a while, but it is only in the last few weeks that she has been meowing and trying to come into mine and my neighbour's houses. She is quite persistent. She obviously needs a good home. :cry:
Attachments
cat 3.JPG
cat 3.JPG (63.66 KiB) Viewed 3058 times
Ruth
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 8

Re: FOUND white grey cat Forest Hill, South East London

Post by Ruth »

http://www.europetnet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If your vet could give you the chip number this site has been quite helpful to me in the past.
Good luck!
wildstyle
New Cat Chatter

Post by wildstyle »

Thanks I have tried that site but nothing is recorded.

The cat is still trying to come into my house every day and can be aggressive - it hissed at me and went for my leg today when I walked past it to my front door! Another neighbour said the cat bit her. The next-door-neighbour's children have been feeding it so it is unlikely to move on. I am feeling at a bit of a loss what to do.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Poor cat, she's probably been shoo'ed away from some houses so is getting defensive. :(

I would contact some local rescues and at least get her on a waiting list for capture and rehoming, if you think that you might be able to arrange to get her indoors and ring them straightaway so they can come and catch her, that would help, but you need to find her a space at a rescue first.

Here is a link to rescues covering East London:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/londone.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;