Found cat: ginger female in Eltham / New Eltham / Sidcup

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Smismi
New Cat Chatter

Found cat: ginger female in Eltham / New Eltham / Sidcup

Post by Smismi »

Young female ginger cat found in Footscray Road in Eltham.

She is small (perhaps 8 months or so?), not neutered and not microchipped. Found on Saturday 27th May 2017 - has been kept with me indoors since then. Potentially could have been stray for quite a while longer.

Have checked with local vets/charities/social media and no sign of anyone looking for her yet.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Found cat: ginger female in Eltham / New Eltham / Sidcup

Post by Cat-FAQ »

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found advice page, the information there might help:
https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found
Smismi
New Cat Chatter

Re: Found cat: ginger female in Eltham / New Eltham / Sidcup

Post by Smismi »

Thank you :)

I have been through each point on that list and logged her details everywhere I could find over the weekend, but have not put up posters (I have people keeping an eye out for "missing" posters though). I have knocked on a lot of doors in the area she was found.

I really don't have much hope of her owner coming forward as she appears to have substantial behavioural issues around people. I guess that this could be due to previous abuse, or maybe just being a stray for quite a long time... or there is a chance her personality was not what her previous owner was expecting :( Coupled with the fact that she is not spayed or chipped and I can see no sign online or offline of anyone looking for her, I suspect I will be providing her with her forever home. I will not give up the search for her previous family this soon though, especially as there is always the possibility that her issues are due to the unfamiliar surroundings.