desperate urgent home needed 12 year old female cat

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
simber
New Cat Chatter

desperate urgent home needed 12 year old female cat

Post by simber »

My mother in law died recently & we took in her 12 year old female cat. However we are moving abroad next week & urgently need a new home for her. We have called all the rescue centres in our area of Cheshire, Merseyside & Wirral & all are saying they are full & other that we left telephone messages with have not got back to us. I realise we had left it late but had so much to sort out we had no idea rehoming her was going to be so difficult & distressing.
For an old cat she is in good health & still active, although she rarely plays with toys & will sit on your lap for a cuddle if she can be bothered with you. She does not like dogs.
We are really desperate now & our move abroad can not be postponed & could not take her with us, we have no other family who could take her as our sons have dogs & Simber runs off when they visit.
We live in Runcorn, Cheshire & would be willing travel a reasonable distance to take her to a new home.
Please can someone help as I can not face the thought of having her put to sleep.