Seperate loving homes (with outdoor access) needed for 2 females, Nottingham

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
snowden
New Cat Chatter

Seperate loving homes (with outdoor access) needed for 2 females, Nottingham

Post by snowden » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Myself and my partner have two cats that we would like to re-home. They haven't done anything wrong, it's us. We rescued one and inherited one, and after 7 years we are relocating overseas and cannot take cats. I know it's not ideal and I wish it was different. We feel guilt, but our lives are on hold.

Anyway, we don't want to put them in a shelter, but would like to find people to take the cats directly. We are having trouble finding someone trustworthy that would allow the cats to go outside (when settled) and wouldn't punish a cat for inflicting mild scratches while playing etc.

Both females, healthy, playful (inc. swipes), 7 and 14, neutered, chipped, vaccinated, wormed, flea-free. Both are very affectionate and appreciative of attention. The older one had dental work three years ago and has had perfect dental health since - confirmed a week ago at her latest vet visit.

The younger puss will take time to get used to new people, but she will get there, and will relax eventually into her new household. The older one is generally more relaxed and will be on someone's lap soon after arrival.

The cats don't like each other, so we're looking for two loving homes.

Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Seperate loving homes (with outdoor access) needed for 2 females, Nottingham

Post by Cat-FAQ » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:59 pm

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page, the information there might help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

Cat Chat’s direct rehoming page might also be useful: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/direct-rehoming-cat

Hope that helps, and best of luck.

snowden
New Cat Chatter

Re: Seperate loving homes (with outdoor access) needed for 2 females, Nottingham

Post by snowden » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks. We'll see what happens here; if nothing happens here we will contact a rescue organization.

snowden
New Cat Chatter

Post by snowden » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:17 pm

I just noticed that the description says "Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here". I guess that excludes us. Sorry.