New home for 16 year old Tabby cat in Manchester

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
greeta9
New Cat Chatter

New home for 16 year old Tabby cat in Manchester

Post by greeta9 »

I'm looking for a new home for my Tabby cat, Figaro, who will be 16 years old in November. He is still very active and likes to go outside but also loves his lap naps. He is extremely sociable with other cats and has lived with dogs. If you saw him, you'd swear he was only around 7 years old and he has a lovely shiny tabby coat. I've just moved into a flat where the landlord will not accept any pets and have approached several shelters in recent weeks to help with rehoming but have had no success due to lack of availability to take him in. My dad kindly agreed to take him in until I can find a new home but this is proving very stressful for my dad who is 80 and struggles with his own health so the matter has become urgent for me to find a new home. As a note of importance, Figaro does have a flea allergy that is managed by Bravecto every 3-months and I would be more than happy to fund this treatment indefinitely.
Sincerely hoping I can find a loving new home for him. If you can help, please do get in touch.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: New home for 16 year old Tabby cat in Manchester

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi there!

Our ‘Renting With Cats’ page has lots of information and links on how to negotiate with landlords regarding renting with cats: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/renting-with-cats

Also, Cat Chat’s general rehoming advice page includes a ‘Rented Accommodation’ section, so this might also help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org