Leices! URGENT Home for Timid ginger stray boy pls!

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
dclements
New Cat Chatter

Leices! URGENT Home for Timid ginger stray boy pls!

Post by dclements »

URGENT HOME for GINGER BOY-CAT needed please! Hi I trapped a cat 6th May, which was run over by a car, dragged and had a broken leg, end Feb. Everyone in the neighbourhood of Broughton Astley says he's been around catching food, for years. I took him to PDSA Birstall and the vet has confirmed he is not microchipped, quite fit and his leg has mended; also he's "eating them out of house and home, please can I collect him on Wed. 12th May 2021 when they will castrate him?"- He does not have FIV and Vet gave him clean bill of health. He is ginger with a tiger's stripey tail, white chest/bib and white paws. The local pet shop call him "Arthur" - but he was thin, has a bad life as no-one feeds him. He was timid and people couldn't get near - but since PDSA fed him they said he's ok with humans, / suitable for rehoming, and "has been very well behaved!" They still suggested I bring the cat trap (I borrowed from L.A.A. Huncote) and release him back into my/ Broughton Astley area - tomorrow 12th May 2021, I can't keep him in a cat trap while I find him a home, it would be cruel. I am prepared to travel to help him though. I haven't been given any time to find him a home but don't want him to be hungry and without shelter in rain, in future. If there's a way, I have got a photo of "Arthur" when his front leg was broken, I'll send to you. My mobile is 07812345655. I'm a cancer patient, waiting for surgery, so can't keep him. All best wishes and thanks for reading, from Diana, Broughton Astley [email protected]
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Leices! URGENT Home for Timid ginger stray boy pls!

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi Diana,

Thanks for looking out for this cat.

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page, the information there might help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org

Hope that helps.