Foster home or Cattery with isolated area needed!!

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Jay777
New Cat Chatter

Foster home or Cattery with isolated area needed!!

Post by Jay777 »

Hi All

I am facing a rather distressing situation as I’m about to lose my home in a matter of days. I have a dog and two cats.

I’ve had my cats for 8 and 9 years and raised them from kittens. I have lost family members and my pets are literally my world, I can’t bear to lose them so have been desperately trying to find a cattery or a foster home until I’ve found myself a new home.

I’m on disability benefits and finding a home has been tough but one looks very promising and will accept pets, the only downside is that it’s not available until a months time.
I will be living in the car with my dog but it would be unfair and very difficult for my cats to endure that period with me.

The main problem I’m facing is my cats haven’t had their boosters for many years as they’re in great health and only had to go to vet for some eye drops so I felt nature’s immune system would keep them fine and it has.

All catteries I contacted said they couldn’t take them unless they’ve received their jabs, which I’m willing to do but apparently it takes a month or more for full course, by this time I would have my new property, God wiling.

So a lady suggested to try to find a cattery that has an isolated area or foster home for them to stay for the month.

So essentially after contacting many catteries, charities this forum is my last hope

Is there any cattery owners or cat lovers who would be willing to temporarily look after my cats until I’ve secured a home?

Of course I will pay and am willing to travel almost anywhere to drop them off as long as it’s a safe and secure environment for them

Kind regards all

Sincerely

Jay
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Foster home or Cattery with isolated area needed!!

Post by Kay »

Do you have a local Facebook community site you could appeal on? I am wondering if someone might have a shed or garage you could temporarily house the cats, and where you could look after their needs yourself

in a situation like yours I do feel another cat lover is your best bet rather than trying to find an official fosterer or cattery
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Also if you are looking at living in the car with the dog for a while, surely it's worth looking for a temporary stay in a room with all your animals?
Jay777
New Cat Chatter

Post by Jay777 »

Thank you for your reply, I have rang countless properties and the vast majority don’t accept pets, let alone the fact I’m on disability benefits too.
The few that did all needed a home owning guarantor to which I’m unfortunately able to provide.

I have recently got in touch with a couple of charities and in the process of getting them their booster shots as I think a cattery is my best chance now
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi Jay777,

We are often asked about temporary fostering services, and our Help Desk has a comprehensive list of suggestions. Also, they may have details of regional fostering services available, depending on where you live. So I would suggest emailing them on: cat.advice (at) catchat.org letting them know about your situation and which area you live in, and they will send you all our current suggestions.

The following pages on the main Cat Chat site might also be useful for you, if you haven’t already seen them:

Our ‘Choosing a Boarding Cattery’ page, where you can find guidance on points to consider when choosing a cattery, along with a link that will help you to find the details of your local licensed catteries and pet boarding services: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/choos ... ng-cattery

Our ‘Rehoming Advice’ page, which includes a ‘Rented Accommodation’ section: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

Our ‘Renting With Cats’ page, which has lots of information and links on how to negotiate with landlords regarding renting with cats: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/renting-with-cats

Hope that helps.