Seal Point Ragdoll Glasgow

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Sarah12387
New Cat Chatter

Seal Point Ragdoll Glasgow

Post by Sarah12387 »

Hi everyone,

It’s really sad to have to rehome my 6 year old Ragdoll boy, he really is a great cat.

I took him on almost a year ago through a family member who knew an old lady urgently needing to rehome him as he was tripping her up. He does love to be around your feet a lot. He’s very affectionate and loves human company.

Unfortunately I’m having trouble keeping him groomed, he really needs someone who can keep on top of his longer hair and especially keep it neat at the back as he can tend to get poo stuck to his back legs if his hair is not shorter I.e shaved in a bit. I have tried myself to groom him with a home kit but it’s getting too much for me. I have a just turned 2 year old child and I’m completely paranoid about the cat not being clean and carrying poo anywhere on his back end in case my wee one gets sick, it’s taken over my life and it’s unhealthy. I can no longer deal with the stress as it’s affecting my Mental health. My partner works shiftwork and I work Full time too. I was naive in taking on a long haired cat, I thought I was the solution to the older ladies rehoming crisis but it turns out I am not :( I really hope that his next home can be his forever home with someone with alot more time and experience in longer haired cats. He has also been stuck on a diet on Felix which is not a healthy food for cats. I have tried many times to get him off of the Felix and not been successful so it would really benefit him if someone could get him on a much healthier diet.

I feel like I’ve spoken about the issues a lot but on the positive side he really is a great cat, great with kids, very loving, quite a big boy but very very gentle, really very affectionate and loves a chin scratch!

Please get in touch if you have the experience or education needed I.e know about Ragdolls and how they don’t have road sense to go outside of an enclosed garden etc.

He does live to go out so you would need to have an enclosed area with a fence. He’s not a jumper he has never attempted my 6 foot fence.

Thanks
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Seal Point Ragdoll Glasgow

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hello

We are sorry that you are needing to find a new home for this cat. Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page should help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org