I need to rehome my babies :o(

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
vampwithaheart
New Cat Chatter

I need to rehome my babies :o(

Post by vampwithaheart »

I have 7 cats and 2 kittens I need to rehome or find foster homes that can find them forever homes.
My Doc has told me I really need to rehome my cats now due to developing an allergy to them and the fact I have asthma, which is being made worse by the allergy.

I have tried some rescue centres locally (South Derbyshire) but no one seems to be able to help. I know it's a rubbish time of years for this to happen but I can't help it. I have to start thinking of myself a wee bit, as I don't like having to keep going to the hospital!

The ages of my cats/kittens range from 13 weeks - 14yrs.

Please can anyone help?
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I need to rehome my babies :o(

Post by JulieandBarney »

Hi there .....my husband has an allergey to cats and also he suffers with asthma.....we have a cat and our doctor told us that as long as he takes anti histamine he should be fine, ......which he is......have you tried anti histamines at all ?....7 cats is a lot to re home, poor souls....... :cry:

". I know it's a rubbish time of years for this to happen but I can't help it. I have to start thinking of myself a wee bit,"

I know what you say above is no doubt true....but it's not their fault either and I recognise that you "have to start thinking of yourself" as you say, ' any idea who will be thinking of these poor cats at this time of year ?
vampwithaheart
New Cat Chatter

Re: I need to rehome my babies :o(

Post by vampwithaheart »

Yes I have been on antihistamines for a couple of years as the allergy was milder.

I have thought of the cats which is why I'm on here trying to get foster care or a shelter to find good home and not just posting them free to a good home on gumtree or the like! I KNOW it's not their faults and I am aware it's a rubbish time of year for it to happen, but it wasn't planned! I can't help that my allergy has developed into a bigger allergy than before.
It's difficult for me as they really are my family and I feel awful but they are literally killing me now. If there was a miracle cure, I'd take it!