Two 2 year old male cats need a home! Birmingham area

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Leeharris86
New Cat Chatter

Two 2 year old male cats need a home! Birmingham area

Post by Leeharris86 »

Hi, this is my first time using this site.

We have 2 male cats who we adopted when they were just 10 weeks old. They have lived together ever since and really are best friends.

They are indoor cats and have never been outside. They are very well behaved and loving boys, they have never messed anywhere except the litter box and have never damaged any of our furniture. They have had all of their injections and have been castrated.

Unfortunately we are moving away for work and cannot take the boys with us, so are looking for someone who would be willing to love and care for these 2 as much as we do.

Alfie is a ginger and black striped cat with white feet and underbelly and Jacob is pure grey all over.

It will really break our hearts to let them go but we don't have any choice. I cannot put them into a rescue centre with other strange cats, sights and smells so it's important they find a loving home and they must live together, and not be separated.

If you think you can help, please get in touch.

Thankyou.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Two 2 year old male cats need a home! Birmingham area

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
catsrmylife
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Two 2 year old male cats need a home! Birmingham area

Post by catsrmylife »

Hi there. Sorry you are on this position :(

You say adopted, was it from a rescue? Some rescues have a policy of taking cats who've been adopted from them, back in, if the owner can no longer keep them. That would be worth a try :)

Are you on Facebook? There are lots of groups on there of people wanting a rescue cat or cats looking for a rescue space.

I would strongly recommend NOT giving them away free to any member of the public unless it's someone you know really well and can trust them. If you re-home them privately, please do a home check or ask if a rescue can help with that. Also, get the person to pay a fee, even if you just give it to charity as a donation.

The boys sound gorgeous and although colour should not matter, a grey cat will be very easy to re-home.

Do you have any photos please? I can share it among my cat rescue friends?

Susie