Ugent home for stray cat in MK40 area. (moving away soon)

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Ugent home for stray cat in MK40 area. (moving away soon)

Post by Diana »

Hiya

For last 2mths or so I have been feeding a female cat. I provide her food every night cause she only comes evening time round 7pm. I have a massive cover in my garden where its protected from rain and so on. I have made up a little box for her with a blanket inside but I dont think she uses it cause she eats then goes away. I can tell she is a stray by look of her coat. Done house to house checks to see if anyone knows her. No luck. I believe she has been neutered as in 2mths I don't see no signs of being in heat. I am moving soon and cannot bare to leave her behind. Can't take her as o have two cats already. I live in Bedford, MK40 area.

Can anyone please help...
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Ugent home for stray cat in MK40 area. (moving away soon

Post by Janey »

Hi Diana, it's really kind of you to care for this cat. It may actually be worthwhile checking to see whether the cat has a microchip first, (if you can approach her and take her to the vet) then if not trying the paper collar - just in case she has strayed too far. I have actually traced owners of two cats with each method so worth doing if you've not already done so. In fact with one cat I did the paper collar twice before I got a call. Lots more info if you have found a cat here:

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html#found" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then if you can't trace an owner this link has all the info regarding rehoming:

http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html#rehome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best of luck!
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Ugent home for stray cat in MK40 area. (moving away soon

Post by Diana »

Hi

Tried paper collar, nothing. Did leaflets yesterday, no response yet. Tried knocking on doors I got no answer from...nothing. Looking at her, I have called her Sammy btw, she seems in good health, maybe tad underweight but her coat to me is what proves she is homeless.