rehoming help Oldham.

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
ajones2105
New Cat Chatter

rehoming help Oldham.

Post by ajones2105 »

Hi everyone. First time post here, so sorry if it breaks rules etc. I have a 9 yr old male white cat. My family are relocating and we will initially be in rented accommodation. Our new landlord has told us we can not bring, spike with us. I have tried numerous routes to try and find him a suitable home and thus far all have been unsuccessful.

Over the last three years, Spike and us have unfortunately lost his brother and a female cat we had, he has craved attention ever since, so I have probably been very picky about where he actually ends up. I have tried local rescue centres, where I have previously adopted cats from and they are currently completely full.

He is such an adorable big boy. On all my attempts to find him a new home I have been asked whether he is deaf or not, which he isn't. He is neutered and microchipped. He uses a cat flap and is litter trained, however since installing the cat flap 18 mths ago, we took his litter tray away as he wasn't using it.

I've been putting this off too a bit as, we don't really want to say goodbye to him but, due to work commitments we have to move and the big move date is actually approaching very fast and I definitely do not want to have to take him to the rspca.

I have attached a photo.

Any tips, direction or even someone wanting to love Spike as we love him would be gratefully appreciated.
Attachments
IMG-20130812-WA0004.jpg
Spike.
(103.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: rehoming help Oldham.

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;