Vale of Glamorgan S Wales Abandoned

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Peaches
New Cat Chatter

Vale of Glamorgan S Wales Abandoned

Post by Peaches »

I wonder if anyone can help me this is yet another avenue for me to explore as I have tried all the usual cat charities, cat protection, even advertising in the local papers but to no avail. My Neighbour died suddenly in June and left two young cats, there are no relatives and no one who is prepared to take them on. I have been feeding them since June and have to entice them both out of the cat flap and feed them in the shed. I have managed to rescue the female and introduce her to my five cats which has taken some 6-7 weeks, but all is going well. Unfortunately I cant let her out as she wanders back and goes into the house (then I have to retrieve and flea her again). I cant block the flap up as Fluffy the boy wont have anywhere! I am concerned for his health as he hasn't been flea'd or wormed or anything since June. I am unable to take Fluffy in as I have two toms who wont let him in the garden let alone the house. He really is a lovely guy and is always ready and waiting for his food, I am prepared to keep feeding him but feel for his welfare as he is not having any human contact but remains quite friendly. The future is bleak for him as I am sure the house will be disposed of soon and will have to be emptied and cleaned and probably locking the flap! I need to find him a permanent home soon. Hope someone out there can help or know of someone who can help me. Thankyou for taking the time to read this.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Vale of Glamorgan S Wales Abandoned

Post by Kay »

is your neighbour's house owned or rented? either way someone must be dealing with his/her estate - perhaps if you know who it is you can enlist some help there, or if you don't, a letter addressed to the legal representative of ......... put through the letter box might get a response

this is a sad situation, and it is good of you to do your best for the cats, and must be a worry for you - I wonder if the local paper might be interested if you or someone you know wrote up their story, which just might result in a prospective owner coming forward for the boy

meanwhile I'd be tempted to put a cat flap in the shed - perhaps round the back - when no-one is looking, so if he did find himself unable to get into the house one day he could at least shelter there
Peaches
New Cat Chatter

Re: Vale of Glamorgan S Wales Abandoned

Post by Peaches »

Hi Kay thanks for reading my dilemma! . The house was owned by my Neighbour, she was adopted and had adoptive siblings, but had 2 or 3 bloods siblings who are being traced. I spoke to the adoptive sibling's husband on the day of the funeral and at the house when he was picking up post, he has made it perfectly clear they are not interested in the cats and suggested I call the RSPCA, I understood at the time RSPCA were not re homing or didn't have the capacity to re home in this area. He agreed to leave the cat flap open and allowed me to enter the garden to feed them, but he was not interested in them. All this happened in June and I haven't seen anyone since. I have tried the local paper and will be doing a follow up as I have managed to keep the female cat. good suggestion on the shed, I will continue to feed him and hopefully find a home soon. thanks once again.