Re-Housing a cat from Overseas

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Alasdair
New Cat Chatter

Re-Housing a cat from Overseas

Post by Alasdair »

I'm looking for advice from anyone that might have been through the experience or re-housing a cat that was rescued abroad and brought to the UK.

My wife and I rescued a street-cat in Shanghai earlier this year. He is a very healthy, affectionate young male with all the relevant shots necessary to travel. Our main issue is that we cannot keep him because he is not willing to cohabit the flat with our other three cats. Finding a new home for him in Shanghai has been mostly fruitless, so we're considering bringing him over to the UK early next year when my wife and three cats move to join me in London.

I don't know if there are any issues to do with registration of the animal/adopter that we should be aware of or any forums I should be looking at that are particularly effective for finding homes for rescued cats in the UK.

Any advice would be much appreciated.