Good loving home only West Yorkshire area

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Kat
New Cat Chatter

Good loving home only West Yorkshire area

Post by Kat »

Littlest was rescued by myself when he was around 4 weeks old, all his siblings had died and he was very weak so I took him in and bottle fed him and had all his medical issues dealt with, he's around 2 years old now and is one of the most loving friendly cats you could ever meet. Unfortunately after over a year of trying everything I can think of or read on the internet I just cannot get him and my other cat to stop fighting. It's at the point they are being locked in separate rooms for parts of the day to stop it and it's just not fair on them living like this. He's a shorthaired black cat, he is neutered, had a retained testicle so under his fur he has a larger scar than normal for this. With me living near a busy road he's always been an indoor cat but he does enjoy playing out in the garden so I think he would like to be able to go out when he gets used to his new home. He's fine with female cats as until last October I also had a girl who very sadly passed away. He's very loving and could quite happily spend all day cuddled up and playing with you, you can shout his name and wherever he is he runs like mad to get to you.
It's breaking my heart having to write this and I've been putting it off for so long as he is so loved here but he's not getting the life he deserves so I need to put that 1st. I'll only let him go to a great loving home and so I know that's where he's going I'll be doing a home visit to anyone who feels that's what they can offer him and I know it's a big ask but I'd love to keep in contact and see how he's doing and maybe bring the kids to see him once in a while. If that's not possible I can understand, the most important thing is that he goes to a great home.
Thanks, Kathryn
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Good loving home only West Yorkshire area

Post by hgale »

Hi Kathryn

Just to say sorry I can't help, but I live in South Devon, which is too far, but please give Littlest a cuddle from me, and I hope he finds a lovely home soon.

Helen
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Bless, that really sad. HAve you tried Feliway or Zylkene to help with teh fighting. This might help in the interim.

I'm in London and not in a position to take anymore cats, but want to say good luck to you x
Themogfather
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Themogfather »

Hi i was looking for a male cat to join my two females and was especially looking for a black cat.
I live in a flat so if i took him on he would need to be a indoor cat.
Im also in birmingham so its quiet a way for him to come.
I have a finanical situation at present which should be sorted by the end of the month.
If you are still looking at the end of the month and are happy for him to come here as long as my finnances are sorted i would be happy to take him.
Both my cats are rescue cats and i have fosterd for the cat rescue i got them from so if you need a referance im sure they would be happy to give me one.
I would be happy to keep in touch and send you regular updates and photos as i do with the person who adopted my foster cat.
If you think the indoor or distance issue are a problem then i wish you luck in finding your cat a happy home.
If you think it could be an option let me know. Also if you post a pic it will help people to choose him especially if hes as cute as you say.
Kat
New Cat Chatter

Post by Kat »

Birmingham isn't too far away, I have a car so I don't mind traveling if it's so he has a good happy home. He's always been an indoor cat here so that is also fine. He does wonder out the door sometimes as he's allowed in the garden but a firm no and he comes straight back in.
Trying to upload a pic now and I'll add some more later on today.
Thankyou all for wishing him well :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (79.64 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.29 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
Themogfather
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Themogfather »

what a beautiful cat , i would definitly be interested in adopting him.
has i have said i need to sort my finances out first which should be settled by the end of the month.
If you are still looking then i would be happy to take him.
But if you get a suitable offer before then dont worry about going with it as any good home is hard to find especially for black cats ( dont understand that as i love them).