HOME or FARM Needed for Female Cat

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
alpinemonkey
New Cat Chatter

HOME or FARM Needed for Female Cat

Post by alpinemonkey »

Hi,

We have a female ginger, 14 year-old (called Chicken) who is now in need of a new home or a farm to move to.

Chicken has an unlocked cat flap which she uses at her will and has never had an indoor litter tray.

With the arrival of our 6.5 month old daughter, we're now forced to find a new home for Chicken. Allergies in our daughter are making it very difficult for us and Chicken has very little space to manoeuvre in the house; this combination is making both our daughter and Chicken very unhappy.

Chicken has been a good mouse-catcher in the past, making a farm an ideal place for her, or at least a home with plenty of outdoor space for her to roam.

We are keen to find a good honest home for her. All our local charities and the RSPCA have been unhelpful so far.

Really hoping someone can help or at least might know someone looking for a new friend for the family.

Many thanks.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: HOME or FARM Needed for Female Cat

Post by booktigger »

Location would be helpful. Honestly, if she's been a pet cat all her life, I wouldn't look for a farm home at her age
alpinemonkey
New Cat Chatter

Re: HOME or FARM Needed for Female Cat

Post by alpinemonkey »

Sorry - we're based in the North West of England (South Manchester).

I appreciate your comment about the farm but I figured that would be better than what my local RSCPA advised us to do: "Leave her outside in a covered box with a blanket, food and water".

Really hoping someone's able to help out. She'd make a great companion to someone elderly.