Widget, urgently seeking new home! Loughborough!

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Widget42
New Cat Chatter

Widget, urgently seeking new home! Loughborough!

Post by Widget42 »

Unfortunately my mum passed away last week and I need to find a home for the remaining cat. The people that took his partner couldn't take him. He's a gorgeous little Persian type cat, whether he's a real one I don't know. My mum has had him for about 7-8 years we think so I guess he's about 10. He has a wonderful temperament and sleeps most of the day but is always up for cuddles. He's currently still at my mums sheltered accommodation bungalow but this has to be cleared as soon as. I'm here until Thursday, the warden can come in and feed and let him out for a while but I need to find him somewhere urgently as the funeral is next week. He in Loughborough, Leicestershire. I live in a small rented room in Surrey so needless to say I can't take him with me. It's a pretty desperate situation, I hope someone can help.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc29 ... mage-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    Janey
    VIP Cat Chatter!
    No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Widget, urgently seeking new home! Loughborough!

Post by Janey »

So sorry about your mum, and that you and Widget are in this situation, was he close to his partner? I do hope he's not missing his pal too much too. Have you tried all close family or friends as they will be your best bet, at least until a rescue can take him in.

Here's a list of general rescues in your area you could contact, if you explain your situation one may be able to help sooner:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/leics.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And pedigree rescues:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/pedigree.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope you manage to sort something out soon, he's a gorgeous cat.
    greenkitty
    VIP Cat Chatter!
    No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Have you tried Rushden Persian Rescue, they're in Nottingham somewhere but he looks like the sort of cat they might be able to rehome.
    Dawnin8r
    New Cat Chatter

Post by Dawnin8r »

If you can email me at [email protected] , I might be able to help.
    Widget42
    New Cat Chatter

Post by Widget42 »

Hi all, thanks for the replies. After a little bit of panic I am pleased to say Widget is coming back down south with me tomorrow and a very good friend of mine is having him. I'll get regular updates and visitation rights!! :) :)