TEMPORARY 6 MONTH HOME NEEDED FOR 2 MALE CATS, HAMPSHIRE

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Keeta5
New Cat Chatter

TEMPORARY 6 MONTH HOME NEEDED FOR 2 MALE CATS, HAMPSHIRE

Post by Keeta5 »

Hello,
My Grandfather has sadly passed away a month ago, and now my Grandmother has suffered a stroke and broken her hip and is in intensive care in hospital.
Their cats have been left behind and we have been looking after them in their home.
Unfortunately due to my Grandmother's predicament, we need to start renting the house ASAP (within the next 2 months) to pay for her care.
My partner and I are very keen to keep the cats, as they are much loved family pets, and they have never been in a cattery before. The house we are living in presently is not safe, due to two boisterous terriers living under the same roof.
We are saving for our own place, and will be ready to move at the end of the year/beginning of next year.
We are desperate to find somebody who might take them into their own home until we can take them back!
They are neutered black males, named Rooky and Jack. They are jabbed and litter trained, very friendly and sociable. They are 12 years old, and we are prepared to pay for their upkeep and insurance.
I have tried every charity and shelter out there, and nobody is able to provide them with a temporary welfare home. It's either send them to a cattery, or lose them.
I am concerned about their age and colour and I do not think they would find a home quickly in any event, and we really love them - it would be devastating to see them go.
If ANYONE can help us, even if we need to travel a long way to get to you, we are desperate!
Many thanks,
Bryony.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: TEMPORARY 6 MONTH HOME NEEDED FOR 2 MALE CATS, HAMPSHIRE

Post by greenkitty »

Have you tried Cat Cuddles: http://www.catcuddles.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, they sometimes take cats on a short term foster basis to help them fund their rescue.
Keeta5
New Cat Chatter

Post by Keeta5 »

Thankyou, I had not come across them. Have contacted them now. Such a heartache, there are so many cats in need, everyone seems to be inundated. I wish I knew more people I could ask!
Keeta5
New Cat Chatter

Post by Keeta5 »

Hi all,

We're still desperately searching.

Is there anyone out there would might be able to help us?

:(
8lives
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 17

Post by 8lives »

Have you tried local forums. I'm in Sheffield so too far to help but I've found foster carers occasionally through this: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=78" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Is there something similar where you live? Obviously you'd need to home check etc. but you'd need to do that wherever you found people. I found a fabulous temporary home for one of my rescues. Person really wanted a cat but knew she was starting doing a lot of travelling with work in a few months time so couldn't get a cat of her own.