Mother Cat & kitten need rehoming (Whitworth/Rochdale area)

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Anna16
New Cat Chatter

Mother Cat & kitten need rehoming (Whitworth/Rochdale area)

Post by Anna16 »

Hi everybody

In December I took in a stray pregnant cat who lived in some bushes behind our row of terraces. After extensively enquiring around the neighbourhood and online it was clear that this kitty was definitely a stray or had been abandoned by its owner.
She gave birth to 1 female and 2 male kittens just before Xmas.
I am a single mother of two and in the process of starting up my own business and it is no longer viable to look after all 4 cats now that they are grown as I will be working full time hours and I cannot afford the additional expenses at the moment. They are becoming much more time consuming to clean up after and costing me a lot in food and litter which I cant afford.
I am looking to rehome the mother and the other female kitten as I feel we could look after two cats, four however is too much of a stretch.
I am in the process of getting neutering vouchers from Cats Protection, so hopefully this can be done fairly quickly. They are both litter trained, very friendly, great with children but not dogs. The kitten has not been outside before but the adult cat has and enjoys being outside.
Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Mother Cat & kitten need rehoming (Whitworth/Rochdale area)

Post by Crewella »

Bless you for taking care of this girl and her babies. The important thing now is to find safe and permanent homes for them, and to try to avoid some of the pitfalls as there are some very strange people out there that will take 'free' cats for all sorts of nefarious purposes. If you can't find them homes with people within your circle of family and friends, it might be best to contact a rescue and see if they will handle rehoming for you. Some will advertise cats without actually taking them into their shelter and will handle the homechecks and paperwork, and that's a much safer bet than just advertising them in the local paper. Please don't put them on Gumtree or similar, as there are horror stories of cats being taken for dog baiting. I don't want to scare you, but you've done a great job of looking after them so far and it would be dreadful for it all to go wrong now.

Click on your area in this link to find a list of shelters:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html