Need a new home for out two cats - North London

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
carogarz
New Cat Chatter

Need a new home for out two cats - North London

Post by carogarz »

Hello,

We'd like to find a good, caring home for our two cats.

We've had them for six years and I always suspected I could be allergic, but spent most of the day out at work, so could manage. However, since I became a stay-at-home mum two years ago, my allergies have turned really bad; sometimes I go for weeks without being able to breath properly. I've been trying to avoid having to rehome them for the last year, and we even built them a house in the garden, so that they don't have to spend so much time in the house, we've gotten rid of most rugs...but I've now been prescribed an inhalator, because of regular asthma attacks and the GP has told me I shouldn't be living with two cats, after blood test showed a level 4 allergy.

We want to rehome them together, since they've always lived together and are used to playing and looking after each other. They like going outside a couple of times a day, but actually prefer to spend most of their day lounging around the house, which they haven't been able to do at ours lately and is the main reason we want to find a good, loving home for them.

They are healthy cats, with vaccinations up to date. They were both adopted at a young age, so are very domesticated. We have a toddler they "put up" with and have never scratched, even though he can sometimes be quite rough with them.

They are both extremely loving and I really want them to be in a house where they get stroked regularly, like they used to.

We are contacting the shelters as well, but know they are extremely busy, so thought we'd try here as well.

We are in North London, but will be happy to take them anywhere, as long as we feel its the right home.

http://instagram.com/p/j_4-2Qq4Au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
IMG_0158-1.jpg
IMG_0158-1.jpg (91.96 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Need a new home for out two cats - North London

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Hi,

I would love to help but I already have 4...the boyfriend would leave if I bought home anymore. I used to always roll my eyes at people who said they were allergic. I'm mildly allergic and have developed immunity. However, my sister has been living with us on and off for the past year. She has severe allergies like yourself, asthmatic, uses an inhaler and has had to go to A&E for stronger inhalers. She loves my cats, but could never live with them. So I feel for you. I hope you find them both a lovely home. They are beauties. Locally sourced honey is supposed to be excellent for allergies. I am vague in the science behind however!
carogarz
New Cat Chatter

Post by carogarz »

Thanks! I also used to roll my eyes at people who would claim they couldn't even go to someone's house because of allergies, since I always thought I was a "bit" allergic myself, but seemed to manage with an air purifier, more than regular vacuuming and washing of cushions, etc ... However, in the last two years of being at home with them most of the day, my allergies have gotten so bad that I know understand how some people can't even go near them, which sucks :(
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

My sister, who is a nipper at 23, currently sounds like a 90 year old with emphysema due to my 4. She is moving out at the weekend to a cat free household. Some people are mildly allergic, like my boyfriend, but others do suffer immensely. I've read that wiping the cat down with a cold, damp cloth can help remove some of the dander and help in the interim. x